Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hot

Well the temp is 42 degree celsius (108 fahrenheit). I suppose that would be considered HOT.

I really worried about how we would adjust to the temp, but so far I think we are doing really great!! It's 108 in Jun and we still get out a little in the evening-without melting. One of the locals walked to the parking lot with us yesterday and said that "we have two seasons: summer and hell." One, I couldn't believe he used a curse word and two, I can believe I'm still surviving the heat!

I must admit that we do work indoors and I make sure that I go inside in the morning and out only in late afternoon. I never said I was capable of outdoor activity in this heat, because I surely am not.

Yes, I now know what they mean by "but its low humidity." It is 53% humidity and it really "feels like" about 95 F back home. So while YES it is very hot, we are surviving.

I wonder what the situation will be in August.

No comments: