Friday, October 15, 2010

A More Comfortable Home

Well, my own things were delivered today, and unpacked.  Five hours for four guys, a truck and a fancy lift machine to complete the job.

Elevators are quite small here so instead of carrying all the items up the elevator, they simply hooked a lift machine up to the 6th floor balcony and sent it up.  The movers themselves only had to move boxes a few feet, sometimes unpacking them right on the balcony and sending the large boxes back down.

It is amazing how having the rest of your clothes, photographs and linens can make you feel so much more at home.  Have to say the little concrete statue of a schnauzer is absolutely one of my favorite pieces.  He's my buddy, my guard dog.

The house is a total mess, but the echos are gone and it is like Christmas digging through the piles finding familiar things.  Once I get it all put away and organized I will be most happy to host my friends in my (hopefully) warm and welcoming home.

No comments: