Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Start of a New Adventure

Well, after a month of procrastination I'm finally sitting down to type my first entry. A month may seem like a long time just to write a paragraph, but I remember almost 5 years ago being home alone for the whole summer while the Traveler was working an internship in Washington D.C. at the Foreign Service Institute and calling to tell me how wonderful it would be to work with these folks full time. Now this seemingly unattainable career choice is a reality.

There are approximately 270 embassies around the world and we could be asked to serve at any one of them for a term of 2-3 years each. During the first 15 years of our wonderful marriage, I was the one who got to tell stories of my travels to every state in the U.S., except Hawaii. Now, we will travel the world and get paid for it. Our anniversary is 3 days after the start of the training in D.C. and I'm really drawing a blank to come up with a gift to top world travel with endless adventures. Any ideas?

No comments: