Saturday, January 17, 2009

Delivery of Household Goods

Our household goods were delivered today. About 10:30 in the morning a truck pulled up out front with about 5 huge wooden crates. Four guys opened the crates and offloaded the boxes one by one. I had my list handy and had already determined which boxes needed to go into which rooms. The guys were fantastic, putting everything where I asked.

Not only did they bring our stuff, but they also unpacked it. So when they left at 12:30, we were left in a sea of jumbled items that looked vaguely familiar. I went out to get lunch and when I came back in the first thing I saw was our little schnauzer statute that has been on the front porch for years. It was an "awwww" moment. Although it may take us weeks to find a place for everything, it feels a bit more like home now.

No comments: