Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nobody Else in the World

Finn Sisu and I would have celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary last month.  It fell over a 5 day weekend for me, so I took the opportunity to go to Cyprus.  I was originally planning on going with a friend, but they had a family emergency and I went alone.  I knew it would be a bit tough; I knew I would be lonely and I intended to still celebrate the life we shared and to remember him with love.  It was a nice trip, a scary trip and a good rest.

Yesterday I came back from Muscat, where I went on a business trip to meet MEPI contacts in Oman.  It was a much harder trip.  Every step of the way I was thinking of what I would tell Finn Sisu and how much he would have loved this or that, how he would have responded to this situation or another. 

I just don't think that anyone in the world knows how much I miss him or how much it hurts to be without him.

No comments: