Sunday, June 20, 2010

Abu Dhabi Carpet Market

I have not been an avid carpet shopper, as some others have. But now that I know my floors in Brussels will be bare hardwood, they have a much greater appeal.

So I and a friend headed off to the Carpet Market at the port to see if we could find some deals. He was looking for handmade wool and I was looking for inexpensive, silk (machine made is okay with me). We did not find very much of the handmade kind, they are very expensive. We did find quite a selection of the less expensive rugs.
In the picture above the ones on the left are wool and the ones on the right are silk...can you see the difference in the shine? I bought several of the silks in gorgeous sage greens with peach/mauve, burgundy and gold.

2 comments:

Yellow Flower said...

I bet they will look beautiful in your new place!

Cyndi

Brandi A said...

gonna have to send pics when you get settled in! :D