Friday, November 12, 2010

A Not New Car

I had to buy a car.  Found that I just don't function very well without wheels of my own.  Yes, Brussels has lots of public transportation options, but they are not the quickest way to get around; and you can spend a LOT of time when you get lost.

I bought an early '90s BMW.  It's a straight shift with roll down windows, the radio doesn't work, the air conditioning doesn't work and it has 190,000 km.  But the tires are good and it runs smooth. 

It is, however, terribly expensive to put gas in anything here.  My first tank of gas cost 130 dollars!!  So maybe I won't be driving it a lot, but at least I can go anywhere I want to, if I want to go bad enough.

1 comment:

Brandi A said...

omg! I'll stop complaining about putting $50/gas in my truck! lol