Saturday, August 4, 2012

Killing a Little Time

Well, the move is complete and we are trying to settle into our new surroundings.  Pretty much everything is different, not better or worse, just different.  Making the adjustment to how everything functions differently in trying to do your job can be frustrating.  I know I have been utterly frustrated and at times overwhelmed at the massive amount of learning I must do to simply accomplish the simplest tasks...but I see that as a pattern in my job.

I have gotten quite comfortable in my CHU with a nice large rug, several of my things from home and reminders of friends and loved ones.  Today has been a day of refusing to go to the office, and simply puttering around, doing laundry and watching TV.

It can be very monotonous when you live and work with the same dozen people...you find your conversation options are kind of narrow.  I've found myself making up stuff when someone asks me what I have done or will do.  I tell them I mowed the yard today, took the dog for a walk and went to the ice cream store; or that I'm off to shop at Target or Walgreen's.  We've all talked about naming things and streets here in this barren construction zone.  I have called our street Pineview Terrace, because there aren't any pines, not much of a view and certainly no terraces, LOL.

You might think I'd be bored, but I'm not.  You'd be surprised how much time a woman can kill pampering her feet and hands, moisturizing hair and skin.  I'm just thankful for having a few hours when it doesn't feel like the world is going to come to an end if you don't do this one more thing.  Hurray for killing time!

No comments: