Friday, October 10, 2008

What Does the Title Mean?

I'm sure some are wondering why the name Jacksonian Realist for our blog. I am a political science major. My education teaches me to categorize ideas, policy and people. When I read this review, I realized that I also fit into a category. The review is on Walter Russel Mead’s book "Jacksonian Tradition" that discusses the major foundations of American foreign policy. I have the book, but have not yet had time to read it. Perhaps when I get to post.

Not only do I see my own beliefs reflected in the text, but I understand that my values color the way I view the world and analyze events. I thought that would be a good starting place for blogging about how we experience life from this point forward.

Life's an Adventure.

2 comments:

Christy Sanford said...

i am just now able to sit down and read and catch up : ) congrats on the post!! very exciting!! so sorry about your pepper!!!! i know that is hard!!! also about your grandfather!!! life changes in general are hard but there is so much to look forward to!! many blessings to you both!!!

modestmuse said...

Thanks for letting me in on the window to your life! I'm excited to keep up with what happens after we part ways. I'm sure I'll see you again, but I'm glad I'll get updates here.

Oh my, the word verification is "tngdl" but the lowercase d looks like an a so I thought it said "tngal." That would be too weird!