Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still Here

In case you're wondering, I'm still here. I have learned a lot of things that I did not know. Sometimes I think I could write a book on what we are never told about the dichotomy of emotions, the incongruity of beginnings and endings. It can be overwhelming, but the dust is finally beginning to settle.

I offer this little bit of advice from my experience:
  • You call the person who is hurting; they don't have the energy to call you.
  • Talk about the one who is gone. It will probably choke up some people, but they don't want to be the only one thinking/talking about the person.
  • Do not judge anyone regarding the way they grieve. Each of us is unique and we mourn just as uniquely.
Just in case you did not know-it will change you.

No comments: