Sunday, October 3, 2010

Six Months

The first 6 months are always the hardest.  I remember this from my last (first) post. 

The tour is 2 years.  You spend the first 6 months getting settled and the last 6 months preparing to leave.  I've been here about 6 weeks and it is still a struggle.  In my last job I knew what I was doing and how to get things done.  In this job, I don't.  Everything takes longer and more energy than it seems like it should.  Being alone is new for me and it takes time to meet good friends.  I also have never lived without a car. 

As I said I'm only 6 weeks in.  So I will have a bit more patience with myself and give it time.  I'm sure it will all come together.

1 comment:

Yellow Flower said...

I am starting my second month at my first post. I am feeling the same way. Everything is harder than it should be...but it has been getting easier as the weeks slip by. Eventually we will be pros, and it will be time to move on.

Enjoy!

Cyndi