Saturday, July 26, 2008

A New Beginning

It has been 5 years since I decided that I wanted to join the Foreign Service. It seems that dream is about to become a reality.
I received an ICO (immediate conditional offer of employment) last Nov 16, got my Security Clearance in Jan, Medical Clearance in June and finally my name on the register on June 24. For anyone contemplating such a career choice, be forewarned-it is an emotional roller coaster. I was ecstatic to learn my rank on the register was #8, devastated to find out that I had moved to #9 and that only eight would be called to the next class; and then elated to receive my invitation to training at FSI (the Foreign Service Institute). I suppose the only constant is change.
I start this blog, my very first, to not only chronicle my and my husband's entry into the Foreign Service, but hopefully as a journal of our travels and experiences. As I put it together I realize how much I love not only my country, but my state as well. Perhaps I will teach the world about the wonderful warmth of Tennesseans and their very rich history.

No comments: