Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Statesman of the Year

A few weeks ago I received a call from TN GOP Chairman Robin Smith to notify me that I had been chosen to be the TN GOP Statesman of the Year (6th District, one of 9). What a complete surprise! I have thought in the past that it might be a cool award to get, but never did I expect to receive it. Though I was unable to attend the annual Statesman's Dinner held last Saturday, I do consider it a great honor. I especially want to say Thank you to all who have called and written to say Congratulations.

I want to give kudos to Robin, I think she has been a wonderful State Party Chairman. One of her passions is the grassroots, that so often are forgotten by those who consider status and money to be the proper measure of who is important. I respect greatly the citizen who lives by a self-imposed honorable and moral code. I trust their judgement regardless of level of formal education or accumulated wealth. I wish every candidate Godspeed that can understand and reflect those values.

No comments: