Friday, August 7, 2009

Worst Day of My Life

Finn Sisu passed away near the end of June. His death was sudden, shocking and devastating for me and all who loved him. For him the event was apparently painless and peaceful, for me it has been nothing but tumultuous turmoil.

The Lord has seen fit to keep me breathing and alive, so as painful as it is to have lost so much I still have to go on. This blog will undoubtedly change. I thought it would be about our "grand adventure." I didn't know it was going to be about life.

I enjoy writing, it helps me process thoughts and emotions. I also loved this man, this wonderful man with all my heart. I need to always remember him and want to celebrate the man he was.

I can't think very clearly these days and I'm full of emotion. I need to find a way to cope and heal. At the moment it seems all I can do is endure. I pray that God will cover all of us with his mercy.

1 comment:

Donna said...

You don't know me, but I'm an FS spouse and I've been following your adventures. I am so, so sorry to read about Finn Sisu. I do hope your colleagues over there are able to provide you with some practical and emotional support. It's so hard to be far from home when tragedy hits. I'll keep you both in my prayers.