Monday, August 2, 2010

250 Miles


You should be used to me doing unexpected things by now...I have bought and am now riding a new Harley Davidson motorcycle. I ordered a Softail Deluxe several months ago and finally got it, after taking a motorcycle safety/riding course.

No, I had never actually ridden a motorcycle (other than being a passenger) before now, but I've been on bicycles, ATVs and pretty much anything else that goes. I love speed and I love power (always have) much as I do though, I respect the danger the bike represents and I will treat it accordingly.

I've been riding for a week and finally got 250 miles on the bike. I am so looking forward to cruising the Smokies on my bike with friends before heading off to Brussels in late August. I doubt I will tackle anything like the Dragon's Tail, but the mountains of my home have much to offer with respect to pristine beauty, calming serenity and exhilarating vistas.

No comments: