Friday, August 27, 2010

Permanent Home

I was moved into my "permanent" home today. Funny how that word has such a different meaning for those who move every couple of years.

All kinds of chaos ensued with trying to coordinate two sets of movers - one moving me and all the things I've collected, and another delivering my first small shipment from Abu Dhabi.

I have to say I absolutely love my apartment. It is smaller than my home in Abu Dhabi but not tiny by any stretch of the imagination. Much more in keeping with a modest home in the States. The kitchen is small, but looks to be efficient. I've got 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a very nice living/dining area with a great balcony. I found that I have a storage "cave" in the basement/parking garage that is about 12x12, so I even have room for Christmas things.

Apparently home burglary is a big thing here, so there are all kinds of security.

Best of all I am very close to public transport and the trip to work is easy and not too long.

No comments: