Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dive Two

I finished my last two open water dives this last weekend, completed all the exercises and passed my final exam - I am now a certified diver!!!  I'm positively beaming because I was so frightened, but I did it.

The last two dives were done on the East coast of UAE in Khorfakkan.  We dove to 18 meters/59 feet.  The water was much warmer and I saw and touched soft pink coral at Martini Rock.  On our second dive at Shark Island I saw my first ever real live seahorse and discovered feather starfish, which when resting looks like a beautiful pile of bird feathers.

I'm feeling much more comfortable underwater, comfortable enough that I actually got separated from my party down deep, but there was no panic and we were soon reunited.  I loved it and will definitely do it again, but I will wait until the water is a bit warmer.

2 comments:

Hungry Girl said...

So Cool- You're the woman!

Jacksonian Traveler said...

And I have the coolest friends!