Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year-2010

It is a new year and time for those New Year’s resolutions, which I generally eschew because they inevitably become empty promises to ourselves. But this year is different. As always I welcome a new start, a fresh start, but this year I am relieved to have the opportunity to cast off lingering anguish and sorrow to embrace a future with the potential for joy and laughter.

I have the foundations of an excellent life-genuine friends, loving family, good health and a steady job. And I have always accepted as truth that our own lives are what we make of them. So with that in hand, my New Year’s Resolution is to live life with less fear, more aggressively, more actively. It is too short and too precious to waste one moment. As one friend said “…til the wheels come off.”

No comments: